Oracle & Interbase perfomance

From: Vladimir Safin <vlads_at_uniyar.ac.ru>
Date: 1997/06/30

Hi all !

Could somebofy suggest something.
I've tried to use Delphi with Oracle and Interbase.

First I've installed NT 4.0 on P100/64Mb RAM and then installed Oracle Worgroup server there.

Then, I've upsize DBF file (250 000 records, 31 MB) to Oracle and Local Interbase.
The aim was compare perfomance. During the tests, NT perfomance monitor showedthat memory is used (30%) and processor (usually 30%)

After starting Sql Explorer, connecting database I've choose table and press Data sheet I wait some minutes too see records. Also I've tried to run query, like
THE FIELD = 10 The_field is non indexed . This query ran more than 1 munute Actually about 2 munites.

What can I do ? It everything is bad or I am fool/ Help please spped up servers.

Thanks in advanve
Sincerely,
Vlad. Received on Mon Jun 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message