Re: Database security on the Web

From: Robert Knight <bob_knight_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/06/30

> or Informix databases on the Web. We will be using IIS on NT and I would
> like to know if it is possible to provide a secure product down to the row
> level in the database. I need to be able to provide a C2 securable system

Hi Lisa:

Surf over to the following URLs: http://www.webfiler.com/inhr.stm <== Describes row-level security http://www.webfiler.com/security.stm <== Describes general security WebFiler is a browser-based DBMS front-end for ODBC data sources (Oracle, SQL Server, Access, etc.). It is end-user oriented, but supports building secure applications - and has multi-user and multi-group security built-in.

This can be set up very quickly on your configuration (NT/IIS). Feel free to email me if you need further info.

Cheers Bob