Re: web database

From: Charles Mulks <21667cfm_at_msu.edu>
Date: 1997/06/30

In article <33B7E5A6.6BDC_at_stupid.uh.edu>, rhaines_at_stupid.uh.edu says...

>Has everyone abandoned idc and htx files? Although the documentation
>is nonexistent, they can be used by any browser.

I'd appreciate any help I can get re this topic. I just set up NT Server 4.0, IIS 2.0, ODBC 2.5 and dbWeb 1.1. I can see & play with the sample stuff that came on the NT CD. I even managed to move one of my own databases (access 2.0) to the server, set up a very simple dbWeb schema, and browse it, but I haven't been able to do anything I consider even slightly complicated and/or remotely useful.

Where the dickens IS is the documentation for any of this dbWeb stuff? The help file is there, but as far as I can tell it's a joke as far as useful nuts & bolts info is concerned.

There are idx, htx, and htr files on the server. I can open them and look at them using notepad, but I don't have a clue where they came from. Yeah, they were on the CD, but who created them & how.

There is supposed to be a file call dbtutor.doc that is helpful, but I have searched my server, the NT cd, and MS website (www.microsoft.com) and haven't been able to track it down.

Any body have a clue where I can get some honest-to-god information instead of sale-speak?

Ditto for asp info.

TIA
Charlie Mulks Received on Mon Jun 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message