Re: SQL Question

From: http://www.ica.net/pages/virtual.virgin/index.htm <virtual.virgin_at_ica.net>
Date: 1997/06/30

why not just write a simple cobol embedded program? use a cursor for the master table
and a cursor for the detail table.
sounds easy enough eh?

jerrold

sputman <sputman_at_stny.lrun.com> wrote:

*> I have a set of tables, a master table and two detail tables. The
detail
*> tables have at most 5 records for each master record. I need to
move these
*> records to a flat file that has one record each set of master
detail
*> records. How do I go about doing this?

*You may have to research and use the 'cursor' functionality
*to accomplish this. In simple terms it allows you to read
*multiple rows before outputting a single row.

    mailto:virtual.virgin_at_ica.net
    http://www.ica.net/pages/virtual.virgin/index.htm     http://www3.sympatico.ca/typing.shane/express.htm Received on Mon Jun 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message