Re: Oracle Workgroup Server and Delphi 2.0 C/S

From: (wrong string) ári Poulsen <kapo_at_olivant.fo>
Date: 1997/06/29

First, check your Oracle Sqlnet settings. Use SqlPlus to connect to your database.
Make sure you have defined a valid Oracle TNS-alias. Also make sure that your PATH
points to the Oracle home directory, usually C:\ORAWIN95\BIN

If this works OK, start BDE configuration & look at Oracle driver setting: Vendor intialization DLL should be set to 'ORAWIN72', provided that you have the 7.2 clients installed. Check what DLLs reside in the Oracle Home directory.

Create a BDE alias using the Oracle driver. Set the 'Server' parameter to a valid TNS-alias. Under noramel circumstances this should get you going.