Re: FoxPro 2.5 data into Oracle?

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_mozart.inet.co.th>
Date: 1997/06/25

John H. Soper [SW/PV] (soperjh_at_voicenet.com) wrote:

| Has anyone had any experience with moving FoxPro 2.5 Windows data into
| Oracle? If you have, can you point me towards any tools or techniques
| used? Maybe there are UNIX utilities to extract the data out of the
| Fox .dbf files into Oracle?

| Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

| -jhs-

| | John H. Soper Holland, PA |

| | soperjh_at_voicenet.com |
| | http://www.voicenet.com/~soperjh |

The easiest way would be to use Delphi's BatchMove widget, using ODBC connections into FoxPro and Oracle. Or just write an append query from Access. If you're moving large amounts of data, use the maximum buffer sizes for each ODBC connection, disable rollbacks, and set the ODBC timeout values appropriately. This should work fine.

Bob
NetSiam Ltd, Bangkok Received on Wed Jun 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message