Re: java orb?

From: Ward Mullins <ward_at_thoughtinc.com>
Date: 1997/06/19

JDBC on the server is VERY good advice. Putting JDBC on a web client is usually an unnecessary risk. Our CocoBase middleware product may provide you a VERY nice jumpstart on providing the kind of functionality you need without you having to go through the pain. We're an application middleware product which utilizes JDBC on the server, provides a significantly more scalable 3-tier scenario (we're on average about 6+ times faster than Type-3 JDBC) utilizing CORBA as the transport layer, and providing centralized dynamic management of SQL, architectural security and the ability to dynamically migrate data and applications between 2-tier/3-tier, and between relational and Object databases without a single application recompile or redeployment. In our system the use of CORBA/RMI/JDBC/ODBMS becomes a runtime instead of design time decision, which can save literally months in application development and modifications! It's a pre-built infrastructure for enterprise development unlike anything you've used before!

Hope that helps!
Ward Mullins
THOUGHT Inc.
ward_at_thoughtinc.com