Re: Help! Creating own alerts and messages!

From: Miles Thomas <thomasm_at_"at".logica."dot".com>
Date: 1997/06/19

Sridhar Nallani <sxn2851_at_eeidf002.ca.boeing.com> wrote in article <33A71077.1EB2_at_eeidf002.ca.boeing.com>...
> isc_at_isc-inf.com wrote:
> >
> > Good morning,
> >
> > We are working on our first project with Oracle forms 4.5. We would
> > like to replace Forms-Alerts and Messages with our own messages in
> > German language.
> >
> > Using the on-error and on-messages triggers we are able to replace
> > some of the Forms-messages.
> >
> > But some messages, like "Do you want to save the changes you have
> > made?" we are not able to replace by using these triggers.
> >
> > Is there any way to suppress / replace these kind of messages???
> >
> > Thank you for your help!
> >
> > Greetings from Troisdorf/Germany
> >
> > Daniela Celen
>
> When you exit use clear_block(no_validate),
> also check out :system.message_level, you can set this to as high as 25.
>
> Sridhar.

ISTR that there is a German Language version of Dev2k. Did you request german on install? It may be on a seperate CD, which you may have to get from support.

Also, ISTR that Oracle Terminal allows you to change this sort of message (as well as keys and general visual attributes). Its on the Dev2k CD also.

You may also decide that you don't want these default messages anyway, in which case the above approach is valid (but an awful lot of work to correctly handle all circumstances--save changes, locking, etc.)

--
Miles Thomas
Logica UK Ltd