Re: Personal Oracle7.3.2.1.1 has password on INTERNAL account.

From: Bo Stern <bo_stern_at_iname.com>
Date: 1997/06/11

Richard_Popovich_at_Whittman-Hart.com wrote:
> I recently installed Personal Oracle7.3.2.1.1 on Win95, along with
> DES1.3.2.2. I wanted to run the CATPROC.SQL script from SQLPLUS.
 [..]
> However, this
> script bombs because it prompts the user for the password on the
> special user INTERNAL.

The password for INTERNAL is that of user SYS. It can be changed from SYSTEM by an 'alter user SYS identified by <new-pw>'. This should fix your problem.

Btw, why did you want to run catproc anyway ??

Cheers,
Bo

MSc. Bo Stern                         Office: Phone +45 44 80 84 12
Systems Engineer/Technical Analyst            Fax   +45 44 80 80 91
Oracle Denmark A/S                            Email bo_stern_at_iname.com
***************** http://home5.inet.tele.dk/bo_stern *****************
      The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and
          do not necessarily represent those of my employer.