Re: Files > 2Gb on HP-UX 10.20

From: Bruce Laughlin <love2jam_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/06/06

lous_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Quick question: Maximum filesize that can be created in Oracle 7.3 running
> on HP-UX 10.20 ? When trying to go bigger than 2 G we get a Message
> refering to using osh. (Which of course is not available in 7.3). It is
> possible to create a native file > 2G via the OS. Any ideas?
>
> Cheers
> Lou
Lou,
I wish I had my manpages in front of me now, and I know nothing about Oracle, but.... If I'm not mistaken, you need to use the fsadm command at 10.20 to enable large files. Seems to me that the option is something like largefiles or nolargefiles. Check the manpage for fsadm. I'm pretty sure that regardless of whether or not Oracle is able to take advantage of large files, you won't be able to access the large file, or create it, unless you have used fsadm to enable this feature on the filesystem.

Bruce Laughlin
Hewlett-Packard Response Center Received on Fri Jun 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message