Re: Files > 2Gb on HP-UX 10.20

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_acay.com.au>
Date: 1997/06/04

lous_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> snip
> on HP-UX 10.20 ? When trying to go bigger than 2 G we get a Message
> refering to using osh. (Which of course is not available in 7.3). It
> snip

Have you checked your ulimit file size in UNIX? To do so, type:

ulimit -a<cr>

at a shell prompt and read out what is the max file size allowed by ulimit. Jack this up if not sufficient. You can also be hiting the limit of file size in UNIX, which is 2Gb for most 32-bit based implementations. I'm not aware if HP-UX already has the file system extensions allowing >2Gb file sizes, if so then the problem is your ulimit.

Also, if all else fails, define a raw disk file using the LVM and give it to ORACLE, you'll be able to use any file size you want.

HTH Cheers
Nuno Souto Received on Wed Jun 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message