Re: Files > 2Gb on HP-UX 10.20

From: Chris Calabrese <cjc_at_fpk.hp.com>
Date: 1997/06/04

Gaja K. Vaidyanatha (gvaidyan_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:
: I am fully aware of OSs(HP-UX included) do support 4G if not 8G
: files in a filesystem today, but it depends on the version of the
: OS and the vendor. Nothing against HP-UX
: 10.20. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

BTW, HP-UX 10.20 supports files/filesystems much bigger than even 4GB or 8GB. If I remember correctly, the biggest single _file_ anyone's created in our lab is 128GB. I believe the limiting factor on this is not the OS, or even getting that many physical disks hooked up, but the amount of time it takes to run a full suite of tests against a file that large :-)

--
Christopher J. Calabrese
Lab System Architect (Consultant)