Re: help! 2 versions of odbc admin

From: Dave Kaufman <davidk_at_cnct.com>
Date: 1997/06/02

"Reggie" <reggiehg_at_mnl.sequel.net> wrote:

>... I had 2 versions of the ODBC administrator...

>About tab displaying Version 3.0.23.1 for Administrator, Control Panel
>Device, Control Panel Startup, Cursor Library, Driver Manager, and
>Localized Resource DLL). I'm having problems w/ computers w/ this version.

>The other has a smaller window (w/ title: Data Sources), and has buttons
>instead of tabs. This seems to work fine.
>Reggie

The ODBDADM32.exe 3.0+ has caused numerous problems with me as well. I have seen it working on some machines after much mucking around with dlls, but the easiest solution is just to reinstall the 2.5x version.

The problem arises when you install Office97 (and some other MS software like Visual Foxpro5.x, MS SQL Server, Access 3.x(?)) Ususally it can be avoided by unchecking ODBC stuff in the install for these apps.

  David Kaufman, Resource Services
  davidk_at_cnct.com Received on Mon Jun 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message