help! 2 versions of odbc admin

From: Reggie <reggiehg_at_mnl.sequel.net>
Date: 1997/05/27

Hi,

I knew several weeks ago that I had 2 versions of the ODBC administrator (in control panel) but I ignored that since it was causing me no problems. Well, now, I am encountering problems opening my databases, and I seem to have isolated the problem to the different ODBC administrators. (Of course, I'd like to avoid re-installing Win95, etc.)

I can't really definitively ID the versions, except that one has a bigger window (w/ title: ODBC Data Source Administrator) w/ tabs (including an About tab displaying Version 3.0.23.1 for Administrator, Control Panel Device, Control Panel Startup, Cursor Library, Driver Manager, and Localized Resource DLL). I'm having problems w/ computers w/ this version.

The other has a smaller window (w/ title: Data Sources), and has buttons instead of tabs. This seems to work fine.

If the latter is the older version, I have the ff. options:

  1. solve the problem so that the former works too, or
  2. revert from the new to the old.

If the latter is the newer version:

  1. upgrade to the new.

How can I do any of this?

TIA, Reggie Received on Tue May 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message