Re: ODBC-Driver for Windows 95, required SQL*Net (TCP/IP)?

From: Michael Krolewski <mkrolews_at_upw.com>
Date: 1997/05/16

fabisch wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> for the following Client/Server-Configuration (installed componentes):
>
> Server:
> Windows NT 3.51
> Oracle 7 Server 7.2.2.4.3
> Oracle 7 Utilitis 7.2.2.4.3
> Required Support Files 7.2.2.4.0C
> Required Support Files 7.1.3.3.6C
> SQL*Net Named Pipes Server 1.1.1.8
> SQL*Net TCP/IP Server 1.1.6.9
>
> and Client:
> Windows 95
> Required Support Files 7.2.2.3.1
> SQL*Net TCP/IP 1.1.6.9
> Oracle 7 ODBC-Driver 1.13.5.0.04
> SQL*Plus 3.3.3.0.1
>
> i have problems to run the ODBC-Driver. if i test it in MS-Query the
> following error massage is shown: "The specified driver could not be
> loaded"
>
> With SQL*Plus the connection to the server via SQL*Net is ok.
>
> Thank you for supporting me under fabisch_at_pps.maschinenbau.uni-kassel.de
>
> Stephan Fabisch

Just looking at the files..

	I would suggest that you get the latest version of ODBC from Oracle.
	Several of the older version do not work.

	Second, I would upgrade the version of SQL*NET. I am not sure which
drivers you are listing for SQL*Net but you need the 32bit version to run
with Windows 95. Alway get the latest version you can support.

        Check on the tnsname.ora file. Depending on the tools, you either get a great file or nothing. Without this file, nothing will happen.

        You have run the administration Setup after the install. I had to physically remove a previous version of ODBC, before the administration tool
performed well.

	To test: Confirm that you can connect to the Oracle database -- use
	SQLPlus.

	Within the inital setup there is an ODBC Test...
	Again you should be able to setup and connect.

Mike Krolewski.... Received on Fri May 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message