RE Special symbols in Web interface and Oracle database

From: Spencer Ho <hos000_at_ULETH.CA>
Date: 1997/05/08

Hi,

I have a question and I don't know if this is correct group for posting. I appologize in advance if this is the wrong group for this question.

I am trying to find out if it is possible to input mathematical symbols such as summation and Greek alphabets through a web interface and store them in an Oracle database. So far, the only way I can think of is inputing these symbols by using LaTex syntax, store them in Oracle as strings and using the LaTex2HTML translator for my output display. The only drawback with this solution is that the web interface has to take input from various platforms(Mac, PC and Unix) Has anyone done this before? Are there Netscape plug-in's that allow you to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--SH Received on Thu May 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message