Re: PL/SQL problem in forms v4.5

From: Michael Krolewski <mkrolews_at_upw.com>
Date: 1997/05/07

Drew Leske wrote:

> using Forms v.4.5.7.1.6 (including PL/SQL Version 1.2.1.5.0):
>
> I am an initiate into the land of Oracle, and I'm having some trouble
> with a form of mine (my first actually). I want to fill a list box with
> some data from a table and for this I am using
> Create_Group_From_Query ( ... )
> Populate_Group ( ... )
> Populate_List ( ... )
> My problem is that execution dies on the first two lines, although the
> third seems to cause no problems. All three subprograms appear in the
> "Standard Extensions" branch of "Built-in Packages" in the object
> navigator, but only Populate_List is recognized. The other two get the
> following error: "'CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY' is not a procedure or is
> undefined".
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Drew Leske
> dleske_at_ceiss.org

        This may be off the mark, but sometimes people forget or neglect to fill in all the parameters needed for a particular function to work. Or they use the wrong case for strings.

        If for instance, the last parameter is null, remember to include a null

                (... , null);

	Thus function X with 4 parameters is now function x with 3
	parameters. The later function is undefined.

Mike Krolewski Received on Wed May 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message