Re: Looking for an Article on Database Normalization

From: John Benton <benton_at_{remove}mail.dec.com>
Date: 1997/05/07

Even books on the subject admit that third normal is as far as you probably want to go. Normalizing further exacts a rather substantial performance hit using today's RDB's and systems.

Any book from your local library or bookstore that deals with relational databases (RDB's) should cover the subject. I've found that the step are named and explained slightly differently, but they all amount to the same thing.

Library <opplib_at_ozemail.com.au> wrote in article <336A358E.12A4_at_ozemail.com.au>...