Re: Microsoft to announce buyout of Informix

From: Stephen Barrett <smb_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/05/06

Why wouldn't the SEC allow it? The reason the Intuit deal was blocked was because the only 2 real competitors in that market is Intuit's Quicken and Microsoft Money. Microsoft would have had a monopoly. Why wouldn'y Microsoft be able to buy Informix? Microsft and Informix products don't compete directly. MS Sql Server doesn'y compete at the same level as Informix. If Microsoft bought Informix, then it would be the big 3, i.e. Oracle, Sybase, and Microsoft. This would only increase competition which would benefit everyone.

Dave Petheram <davegp_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <5kgutv$jml_at_dfw-ixnews12.ix.netcom.com>...