Re: "Thou shalt use 'Shutdown Abort' whenever you shutdown the database." Makes sense?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/05/03

I believe there have already been comments in this group from users who have had a disaster
because they have upgraded the compatibility of the database (e.g. compatible=7.3.2 in init.ora)
and found that a database that had not been shutdown 'normally' would corrupt itself unrecoverably
on the startup.

I suspect that one day the FileNet procedure will result in the total loss of database when during
an Oracle upgrade.

paul.amaral_at_fmr.com wrote in article <862605533.5462_at_dejanews.com>...