Re: HELP: High availability w. ORACLE database

From: SteDat <stedat_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/04/22

Hi,

high availability and Win** is mutually exclusive (my experiences). If you want really high availability try using Unix-Servers - SCO-Open Server in PC-Environment is very stable. I tried out using Win-NT since 3.1 but they all have some "features" which motivate them to hang or kill the DB Sessions or others nice actions like that. We are using SCO since 1989 and I never crashed a system using ORACLE DB or tools. My NT-System (I have one yes :-) can be brought down to the "meditating guru state" (i.e. doing nothing) by working heavily with Developer tools. So please forget it.

Andreas Received on Tue Apr 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message