Re: Oracle OCI with MacApp (Resolved!)

From: Jarmo Sarantila <jarmo.sarantila_at_aviso.fi>
Date: 1997/04/18

I finally figred out the problem after spending almost a week with this. I tried everything that I could ever think. And finally today the debug and nodebug executables were identical as far as possible. And the nodebug version gave still the same error: ORA-06413 Connection not open.

I thinked which are the possible differences with those apps. Only thing that came in my mind was the program name! And with smile in my face I changed the name, and guess what, it worked.

So the Oracle does not work with applications whose name contains ")" character. The nodebug name of our application is "AvisoPPC_d" and it works. The nodebug exe name was "Aviso (PowerMac)" and after removing the last char it works!

Not so happy Oracle user

Jarmo Sarantila
Aviso Systems Ltd.
jarmo_at_aviso.fi Received on Fri Apr 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message