Re: Oracle web solutions

From: Lun Wing San <rdbms_at_b1.hkstar.com>
Date: 1997/04/18

Glenn Stauffer wrote:
> --- Hardware platform and Operating System for the database and web server
> (ideally same machine for both). WindowsNT or Unix?

  Unix is much powerful in handling large volume of data and transaction.

> --- Web server software. Should tightly integrate with the database
> software and provide Java support.

  Oracle Web Server 2.x. Java support is achieved by using Java cartridge. PL/SQL agent is for database access from web server.

> --- Search engine. The initial application is providing access to the
> central administrative database. Query and update.

  It can be developed by yourself or by Context Option of Oracle.

> My initial though is to go with a total Oracle solution running on a
> WindowsNT server. What are the capabilities of such a system?

  All above options are available on NT now.

*
*
* Please go to http://www.hkstar.com/~rdbms/oracle.htm to find other
solns  *
*
*

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not
the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired
when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or
use.