Re: Informix vs. Sybase vs. Oracle vs. (gasp) MS SQL Server

From: <chaminda_at_jcdcrs4.jobcorps.org>
Date: 1997/04/16

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 rickp_at_versant.com wrote:

} On Fri, 11 Apr 1997 20:27:48 -0500 (CDT), ichudov_at_algebra.com (Igor
} Chudov _at_ home) wrote:
}
} >Hello,
} >
} >I have been asked to do a comparison of captioned database engines,
} >to choose a database server for a medium size database (less than 2GB,
} >about 60-100 tables).
} >
} >I would appreciate both pointers to professionally done comparisons, as
} >well as your personal opinions on performance and reliabiilty of these
} >systems.
} >
} >There is a special emphasis made on reliability, so your accounts of
} >problems and crashes will be much appreciated. Oh yes, the hardware
} >will likely be Sun or IBM RS6000.
} >
} >Thank you.
} >
} >igor
} >
} Maybe I got lost somewhere but isn't this comp.databases.object and
} aren't the three engines being discussed comp.databases.relational??
} Why is this discussion here?
}
} Rick Price
}

dah !?!! Received on Wed Apr 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message