Re: Oracle on Linux. I need the required SCO files.

From: Dennis Taylor <dtaylor_at_pctc.com>
Date: 1997/04/16

> Presumably you paid a large chunk of money for Oracle. After all, it's
> a commercial product. Given that, I would think it's Oracle's
> responsibility to provide everything you need to install it. If
> you *didn't* buy it, but stole it (those are the only possibilities),
> then you deserve every bit of trouble you are having. Sorry about that.

Oracle sells its product, ported to specific machines. It doesn't "officially" sell a linux port, although the rumour is that Oracle techs have successfully ported Oracle to Linux.

The problem here is that the SCO port assumes the existance of certain SCO programs, which Linux doesn't have. Received on Wed Apr 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message