Re: Oracle on Linux. I need the required SCO files.

From: Mike Jagdis <mike_at_roan.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/16

Evan Leibovitch said

>>> The files are:
>>> /bin/idar (archiver)
>>> /bin/idas (assembler)
>>> /bin/idld (linker)
>>> /lib/idcpp (preprocessor)
>>> /lib/idcomp (compiler)
>
>In any case, it's all a moot point.
>
>The files desired above are all special-purpose tools for rebuilding
>the kernel (they all begin with "id"). They're *useless* on Linux.

They form a very minimal development system - just enough to build some objects from data files and link a kernel together. Oracle uses them to tune and relink their server (since they will exist on any SCO system whether or not a real dev sys is installed). It should be entirely possible to knock up some scripts that invoke the GNU tools with the necessary options to handle COFF (although I think you have to build a COFF specific version of gas at the moment). You may also need a COFF libc to link against. You may not actually need to relink Oracle's server though...

                                Mike

|  Mike Jagdis                  |  Internet:  mailto:mike_at_roan.co.uk   |
|  Roan Technology Ltd.         |                                      |
|  54A Peach Street, Wokingham  |  Telephone:  +44 118 989 0403        |