Re: Informix vs. Sybase vs. Oracle vs. (gasp) MS SQL Server

From: Daniel James <djames_at_statsci.com>
Date: 1997/04/15

Peter sylvester wrote:

> A minor correction is required here. When you run Informix
> isql/dbaccess with a dash "-" parameter, it drops the full screen
> interface and gives you a prompt, very similar to Sybase isql.

Likewise, isql takes standard input...

$ echo "select * from table" | isql database [some stuff returned]
$

(or for interactive)
$ cat | isql database
select * from table;
[some stuff returned]

^D
$

I almost never use the full screen interface.

Daniel James - Database Administrator                djames_at_statsci.com
DAPD Div of MathSoft (formerly StatSci)             (206) 283-8802 x284