Re: Oracle on Linux. I need the required SCO files.

From: Kurt J. Lanza <kjl_at_infor.com>
Date: 1997/04/15

Daniel Lundin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently installing Oracle 7.3 on a Linux 2.0.29 box and have
> something of a time problem. I'm well aware of that I need some binaries
> from the SCO OpenServer release, and am therefore about to order the
> free version of SCO OpenServer 5 and wait a month or two just because of
> 5 small binaries. I have no interest at all in SCO other than being able
> to run Oracle on Linux with iBCS2, so I fell kind of awkward having
> to get a whole CD just because of he files.
>
> Has anyone else out there installed Oracle on Linux or own SCO
> OpenServer and is willing to help me out by mailing me the files or
> pointing me to somewhere on the web/ftp where I can find them?
>
> The files are:
>
> /bin/idar (archiver)
> /bin/idas (assembler)
> /bin/idld (linker)
> /lib/idcpp (preprocessor)
> /lib/idcomp (compiler)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel Lundin

Presumably you paid a large chunk of money for Oracle. After all, it's a commercial product. Given that, I would think it's Oracle's responsibility to provide everything you need to install it. If you *didn't* buy it, but stole it (those are the only possibilities), then you deserve every bit of trouble you are having. Sorry about that.

--
Kurt J. Lanza
kjl_at_infor.com