Re: Forms4.5 problem

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1997/04/15

Dmitry L. Zhuk wrote:

> This prompt shows because when you populate non-database item in base
> table block, status of form, block, item is changed.

No it isn't. We rely on this fact very frequently in our code. The status of the block, record and Form is only marked as changed when a base-table item is changed (even if it is changed to the value it already had!). This is not true if the 'lock record on change' property is set true for the non-base table item.

The most likely explanation is that the LOV is re-populating the base-table item with its current value, so Forms marks everything as changed.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.