Re: Informix vs. Sybase vs. Oracle vs. (gasp) MS SQL Server

From: Dragi Raos <bonzi_at_4mate.hr>
Date: 1997/04/14

"Billy Wheeler" <billy_at_west.co.za> wrote in article <5iopgk$o9i_at_cssun.mathcs.emory.edu>...
> On 11 Apr 97 at 20:27, Igor Chudov _at_ home wrote:
>
> > I have been asked to do a comparison of captioned database engines,
> > to choose a database server for a medium size database (less than 2GB,
> > about 60-100 tables).
>
> Well, that cuts out SQL Server doesn't it? My personal advice would
> be Informix on RS/6000 - it's been a platform that has always worked
> exceptionally well for me.

I agree. I don't know for Sybase, but Informix has shown much better performance, more flexibility, easier maintenance and managament and at least as good reliability as Oracle (we or our customers use them on Sun/Netra, IBM RS/6000 and NT).

--
Dragi Raos
4-MATE Information Engineering (http://www.4mate.hr)