Problem to pass 'mode=character' from Forms4.5 to Reports2.5

From: Adam Tadj <vahidt_at_dbsun.vitek.com>
Date: 1997/04/14

I am running the lastest version of Dev2000 and I am trying to pass mode=character from Forms4.5 to Reports2.5 via
.
.

add_parameter ('plist', 'MODE', text_parameter, 'character');
add_parameter ('plist', 'DESTYPE', text_parameter, 'FILE');
add_parameter ('plist', 'DESNAME', text_parameter, 'C:\A_FIL.TXT');'.

.
.

It does not work and no error mesages, just the turning wheels stop within a few seconds. My intention is to get an ascii format of the report in a file. But, if I put 'default' in place of 'character' above it works and gives a binary file which I don't need. I've tried to default to character at the report level then call it and not much luck either!

Any hints? Thanx in advance! Received on Mon Apr 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message