Re: Oracle 8 *Top 10 wishlist*

From: Alain Knaff.DELETE.THIS <~Alain.Knaff_at_poboxes.com>
Date: 1997/04/13

In <5iq6pu$dec$1_at_NNTP.MsState.Edu>, Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu> wrote:
>ralsina_at_ultra7.unl.edu.ar (Roberto Alsina) writes:

>>>How do you think people using lynx would read it ?

>>Downloading it and passing it through ghostscript, for example.
>
>Oh, you are assuming that everybody has a graphical user interface
>available to them all the time ? This is not the case in real world.

 Not necessarily. Passing it through ghostscript to the printer. Or they might have a display which is capable of graphics, but not of Windowing, such as SVGAlib

>If somebody does have GUI capable machine then they wouldn't be using
>lynx.

 Not necessarily true either. On a 16MB machine, it makes sense to fire up lynx rather than netscape, due to netscape's huge memory consumption and relatively long startup time.

--
 Linux - Why use Windows, since there is a door?

 Alain