Re: Forms4.5 problem

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_flash.net>
Date: 1997/04/11

Dmitry L. Zhuk wrote:

> This prompt shows because when you populate non-database item in base
> table block, status of form, block, item is changed.
>
> Use Set_Item_Property('Block.Item',ITEM_IS_VALID,Property_True) when you
> populate non-database item (using post-query trigger or other).
>
> And no problem.
>
> Dmitry L. Zhuk.
Dmitry's solution is absolutely correct, I just thought you might want to know what was happening. I would guess that you have LOV validation turned on for the item. As such, forms will validate your programmatic input against the LOV. When the LOV is used, it will in turn populate every field you have column mapped, which means it updates your base table value with the same value. Forms does not know, however, that it is the same value so it marks the item as changed.

Loyal Barber
MCI Systemhouse Received on Fri Apr 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message