Re: ROBUST:Please dont' use it this term.

From: Jim Russell <jimr_at_mnsinc.com>
Date: 1997/04/08

Andrew Knight wrote:

> But seriously, don't deride people who use the term robust. I am one,
> and have been running multiuser database systems for over 12 years on a
> wide variety of platforms including one of the fist commercial CODASYL
> systems (define that one for me).

Conference on Data System Languages -- but you knew that :-}

And on the other subject...folks who don't think the work "robust" is appropriate, have never been bitten as often as I have by "fragile" software. I think the term is both meaningful and useful.

--
/Jim Russell (temp alt: russelj0_at_hoffman.army.mil)
Entity: an object with no class that doesn't know how to behave.