Forms 3.0 source generateable ?

From: Peter Polndorfer <peter.polndorfer.bop_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/04/02

A few years ago one of our customers purchased oracle-based (database, Forms 3.0, Reportwriter 1.1) mission-critical software ( sales and distribution, materials management, logistics etc. ). Now the supplier of the software has gone bankrupt and our customer needs someone to maintain their software. Although our customer has purchased the source code (standard and individual adaptations), they actually never got it delivered. This was no problem then, because the supplier was also responsible for the maintenance. But now it seems that there is no chance to get the badly needed source code. So my question is: Are there any tools to (re)generate the source code out of Forms 3.0 and ReportWriter 1.1 programs, i.e. *.inp files out of *.frm files and *.rex files out of *.rep files ?

I would like to stress that neither we nor our customer want to infringe upon any rights. If using such tools would entail any law violations, please let me know. Received on Wed Apr 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message