Install Error

From: Ric Messier <kilroy_at_WasHere.COM>
Date: 1997/04/01

Hi,

I recently had to rebuild a Solaris machine and that included reinstalling an Oracle 7.2 Server. I'm running Solaris 2.5 and encountered this problem. I have backtracked and tried many different approaches. Always the same answer. It installed cleanly on the machine a year ago. Not sure what's happened. Anyone have any thoughts? Oracle wanted $5000 to even talk to me -- we don't use the server enough to justify renewing our service contract for one silly question. Please e-mail with thoughts. Thanks!!!

--------------[ rdbms.ins 1851

>>> ERROR: The 'CREATE DATABASE' statement for the sid1 database failed.
egrep failed to find '%create_db_key_words%' in the file: /export/home/oracle/orahome/dbs/crdbsid1.lst

Ric Received on Tue Apr 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message