Re: Running Oracle and Ingres on same server

From: Ken Frank <kenf_at_usinternet.com>
Date: 1997/03/26

Nicholas Young wrote:
>I have a requirement to run both Oracle V7 and OpenIngres 1.2 on the same
>HP-UX server (running v10.10).

>I have heard rumours that there are technical problems which make this
>impossible.

We (well, our main office in Philadelphia) have Ingres 6.4 and Oracle v7.3.2 running without too much trouble on AIX 4.1. Note that Ingres 6.4 is definitely NOT the same thing as OpenIngres 1.2. Strictly a development environment, though (for both db's).

And yes, Oracle is definitely faster :-(

Cheers,
Ken Frank Received on Wed Mar 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message