Running Oracle and Ingres on same server

From: Nicholas Young <youngn_at_logica.REMOVETOREPLY.com>
Date: 1997/03/25

I have a requirement to run both Oracle V7 and OpenIngres 1.2 on the same HP-UX server (running v10.10).

I have heard rumours that there are technical problems which make this impossible.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this really is a problem ?

If there are problems, any detailed info. would be appreciated.

Mailed as well as posted replies would be ideal (see sig for address).

TIA
Nicholas.

--
Views expressed are mine.  Please mail anything important; remove the

"REMOVETOREPLY" in the header to get my address (junk mail avoidance).
"'Macbeth' is a play written by a man who, on this occasion at least,
if he had the talent, ought to have written a fairy tale." - JRRT.