Re: Error Exporting Tables

From: Jensen Langford - Sun UK - Contractor <jensen.langford_at_uk.sun.com>
Date: 1997/03/25

Gene Dershewitz wrote:

> On an Oracle 7.1.4 system, we just started developing the a problem with a
> nightly database dump. Only one particular database has the problem and all
> except a few small tables fail to export with the following errors:
>
> . exporting table ANIMAL
> EXP-00014: error on row 1 of table ANIMAL
>
> EXP-00222:
> System error message 2
> EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1116 encountered
> ORA-01116: error in opening database file 4
> ORA-01110: data file 4: '/dev/rr01'
> ORA-07209: sfofi: file size limit was exceeded.
>
> Can anyone tell me where to start with this??
>
> --Gene Dershewitz
> geneder_at_teleport.com

It looks like your data file resides on a raw device, how big is this device?, (I think there is a 2GB maximum file size.)

Have you checked the permissions?

Check with your SYSADMIN, what the largest file is that can be handled.

Do other databases, datafiles use the same device?

Can you view, select. insert from SQLPLUS into this table?

Does the database start/stop ok? Received on Tue Mar 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message