Re: ODBC and Access Question?

From: C_MCKINNON <C_MCKINNON_at_colloquium.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/25

How do you get SQL pass through under Access? I've used it in VB3 but not in Access. Since the passthrough option sends the entire string to the ODBC server (in this case Oracle) for processing, I don't see how it would work.

1) Copy the fields of the required records across to the server (or back to your own machine), thus implementing it as a single table instead of a UNION, then delete the excess records when you're done. 2) forget about the passthrough option (after you've told me how to do it) and let JET (Access) do all the SQL stuff - have a look at the HELP files under DATABASE(SQL).
3) If you can set the PASSTHROUGH option for one query, use it in one query, create another which accesses your local data and a third which is a UNION of the previous two.

Guy Mofley <mofleyga_at_bp.com> wrote in article <01bc37be$4453fc80$567e63a1_at_nsupbuw16683.anc.xwh.bp.com>...