Re: Anybody using Advanced Replication?

From: Jim McLaughlin <mclaughl_at_disagate.tinker.af.mil>
Date: 1997/03/24

Vince Pulice wrote:

> We are going to implement Advanced Replication on our Oracle 7.2.3 UNIX
> box and several NT servers in the field. Has anyone out there done this?
> We are having problems finding and talking with users that have
> replication in place to discuss the pros and cons of doing it various
> ways. A major concern is replicating groups of tables at different
> intervals. We will use an asynchronous, symmetrical approach that will
> be administered centrally. Any thoughts?
>
> Vince Pulice
> Boise Cascade Corp.
> Boise, ID

Vince,

We have implemented an Oracle database version 7.3.2.2 using symmetric replication. Our configuration utilizes an N-Way master scenario with seven world-wide Sun 2000 servers. We asynchronously propogate changes to over 300 tables with a database size of approximately 40GB. I have several issues to discuss with anyone attempting to utilize Oracle's Symmetric replication product, including N-Way versus updateable snapshots, throughput available, asynchronous replication intervals, etc.

I would be glad to discuss this further and speak to specifics involving your application.

Jim McLaughlin
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Defense Information Systems Agency
mclaughl_at_okc.disa.mil
(405) 739-3862 Received on Mon Mar 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message