Re: Help!!!! Tables in Oracle

From: Lyndon Hills <lhills_at_guiness.win-uk.net>
Date: 1997/03/24

In article <01bc37b2$711529d0$396992cf_at_WWW>, "Ikenna Aniagoh" (IkeAniagoh_at_worldnet.att.net) writes:
>Netters:
>
>Can someone please help me with this problem? I am new to Oracle; when I
>create a project or table in Oracle, How can I see or access the table from
>Windows Exploer? All that I see in the directory is the name of the
>project. Why not the name of the file, and how can I see the name of the
>file?
>
>Thank you
>
>Ikenna

I very much doubt that you can. If you have the right access to the host machine you should be able to see the tablespace 'file' created on say a novell server. At a simplistic dos level Oracle stores all the tables you create in one file, actually more then one. I would suspect that to see the tables you would need to use an Oracle utility, or one that comes with your development tool, like the tool you used to create the table in the first place. SQL31+ (?) comes with Oracle and will let you 'describe' tables and run SQL against them. If you have something like MS-Access and the correct drivers set up you could attach them to access, which would give you perhaps a 'friendlier' view. A tool like S-Designer can also show you the structure and relationships, triggers etc.

Lyndon Received on Mon Mar 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message