Re: Buy Personal Oracle 7 in April or wait for a PO8(?) in June

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/18

> Thanks for the info. I called Oracle today and was told that they'd
> "probably" get PO8 out soon after Oracle8 which he supposed might be > as
> early as July/Aug. So, who knows.

Well, it's the 'probably' and 'soon after' bits that I'd take with a pinch of salt. I know, I've waited for Oracle releases for PCs since version 5, and 'soon' usually means 6 months! :-)

> I was told by post, and had it
> confirmed by Oracle, that, in the absence of a support agreement, that
> there's no price break for those buying PO7 immediately prior to PO8's
> debut.

Yep, that's pretty much the same answer I've been given in the past. Problem is, the support agreement can end up costing four times the price of the product! Oh well...

Steve Phelan. Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message