Re: Oracle 8 *Top 10 wishlist*

From: Ken Geng <ken.geng_at_cbis.com>
Date: 1997/03/13

> If Oracle doesn't support Linux because it is a "poor mans" operating
> system, then why do they make a WindowsNT version??

Agree. Oracle for Workgroup for NT costs less than $300 as advertised by Oracle. I think many "poor mans" would be willing to pay this money to get a genuine Oracle.

It looks to me that Oracle is willing to cut price and sacrifice profit to fight a war on Microsoft's territory.

The Linux, sad to say, is a "no man's land".

Say, if companies like Oracle flock in to support Linux, I bet the internal wresling among Linux designers will heat up over the control of new release, new features and support. The running of this freeware might forever changed.

Ken -- a free thinker. Received on Thu Mar 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message