newbie question: Installation of Personal Oracle

From: Cornelius Baier <coba_at_stud.uni-sb.de>
Date: 1997/03/11

Hi everybody!

I would like to start working with the Oracle Database System so I downloaded Personal Oracle from the Internet. After downloading I ran the Batch-File that comes with the *.exe files from
the Oracle-Server to install the programm. For some reason the Batch-File created
a couple sub-directories wich all contain Setup.exe-files, but they won't run.
Every time I click on them (I mean the setup-files) my computer starts working
and stops after a few seconds.
I have enough free disk space and I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
Do you know what's wrong?
My E-Mail adress is: coba_at_stud.uni-sb.de

Thanks for your patience

Cornelius Received on Tue Mar 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message