SQL Loader & Columns w/ embedded CRLF

From: Geoffrey Moon <gmoon_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/03/10

I'm trying to find a way to get SQL Loader to import text columns that have embedded CR/LFs along with text. SQL Loader pukes on these columns as it thinks it is the end of the physical record. I've tried enclosing the data in delimiters ("), tried forcing SQL Loader to move to the next physical record as though it were the continuation of a logical record (using CONTINUEIF - which works, but SQL Loader eats the CR/LFs!), and now I'm just not sure if SQL Loader can do what I want.

Has anyone found a way to directly import text columns with CR/LFs using SQL Loader?

Geoff Moon
gmoon_at_mindspring.com Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message