Re: Another user populates my local tables using a "procedure" under my account.

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/03/10

On Sun, 09 Mar 1997 16:46:13 -0600, "Gina M. Oliver" <Gina-Oliver_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>When she runs this procedure the plain calculation part works fine and
>her local variables are set correctly. But, the problem is: my local
>tables get popualted/updated instead of her own!

I can explain the strange behavior<g>. When someone runs a stored procedure it runs with the owner's priviliges, and evidently in the owner's schema.

>Is there a way this could be avoided so she can run the program without
>effecting the tables in my user account.

I'm honestly not sure. I would probably try looking for some Oracle function that would return the user who is currently executing the procedure. Or just give this person their own copy of your stored proc.

Jonathan

Jonathan Gennick
gennick_at_worldnet.att.net "Brighten the Corner Where you Are" Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message