Measuring processtime in PL/SQL

From: Petter Harnes <Petter.Harnes_at_teleplan.no>
Date: 1997/03/08

I hav a PL/SQL program that does a triple loop (loop within a loop within a loop).
Two of theese are cursor loops.
Witin the innermost loop there is performed a large number of SQL-statements.
In a testexamples these statements are called a total of 2*23*5=230 times. The total process time is about 11 seconds. I have to speed up the application and want to measure each of the statements in the loop.
To measure the total time I used TO_NUMBER(TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'SSSSS')). But this only gives me number of seconds and since each statements is taking less than one second I cannot use this function. I cannot find any other function to get the time with high enough precision.

Any help is appreciated.

The actual use of the program is supposed to be about 200*20*100 times. Received on Sat Mar 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message