Re: Developing an MVS gateway

From: Bill Manry <BManry_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/03/04

Adam Jenkins <adamlj_at_ibm.net> wrote:
>Does anyone know if the Oracle gateway developer's kit is available for
>the IBM/MVS platform, and whether it supports read/write access?

I don't think we've ever licensed the IGDK for an MVS project. The existing Oracle gateway products for MVS are pretty complicated (they run as formal subsystems, use cross-memory functions, etc.) so implementing your own could be daunting. What kind of MVS data are you interesting in accessing?

The other followup on this is a bit confused as it seems to be talking about a particular Oracle Transparent Gateway product (for EDA/SQL) which is, indeed, read-only. But I believe the IGDK, if we still sell it, is read/write capable. Whether a specific implementation can be so depends on the datastore being accessed.

/b

--
Bill Manry - IBM Products Division - Oracle Corp. USA
The above statements and opinions are my own and do not