Re: Oracle 8 *Top 10 wishlist*

From: Mark Lehrer <edge_at_mud.imperium.net>
Date: 1997/02/27

Doug Barnes <dwb_at_rell.com> writes:

I will buy a copy of Oracle for Linux if they release it. The server especially; OCI would be nice, but I want both the client and server ends.

My #2 wish will be a type 4 and type 3 JDBC driver direct from Oracle.

They made their name by supporting every platform under the sun; I'd like to see that continue. If they are so anti-Microsoft, they should jump at the chance to support more non-Windows platforms.